Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Vodka Tonics

I had already been feeling a bit yucky about neglecting my little blog. Then, twice in a single week, people have commented that I should write more. I, a person who feels more guilt than if you combined your average Catholic and Jewish person into one body, was moved to act. So, here we are.

My struggle with posting more is figuring out what I want to do with this itsy bitsy corner of cyberspace. I’m interested in whole lot of things, after all. I lamented this at a recent marketing network function I attended. The answer was delivered to me faster than FedEx delivers Fred’s bonus check. It’s a personal blog. Duh. Write about anything. Write about everything. It’s so simple.

So, expect a little ADD around here, people. The truth is, I’m not always excited about some new epiphany about the meaning of life. But I am always jazzed about something – even if it is only that I found a great new cleaning product, am excited about something cool at work or I heard a good joke. And now, thanks to a fellow marketer who had consumed far too many vodka tonics and knew not what he was doing by advising me to write about “whatever,” you are stuck reading it. You brought this on yourself, so don’t be mad at me!

Since you’re already here and already miserable, I’m going to ask you a favor. You know, because I have the right to do that and all. Heh. Will you please nag me nicely about taking the time to do this? I implore you to use guilt if it’s called for. I will reward you with sometimes mindful, sometimes mindless meanderings – and if you’re really, really good at nagging, perhaps a vodka tonic might be in order. Those things have been good to me lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment